Reporting to the Director of Development, the Coordinator will help build a community of supporters for The Bentway Conservancy’s ongoing programming/operations and capital projects.
In a newly-created role at an exciting start-up organization, the Coordinator will support fundraising and partnership-building with governments, donors, and corporations – with a focus on individual giving and a new capital campaign.
-Building research profiles on key prospects and partners
-Supporting the development of donor/partner stewardship activity
-Coordinating capital campaign activity
-Processing donation receipts and building queries, reports, etc.
-Helping to prepare grant applications, reports, proposals, and pitch decks for foundation, corporate, and government support
-Providing administrative support to the Director, Board of Directors, and senior-level volunteers, including briefings notes, research, scheduling site tours and meetings, taking minutes at key meetings
-Maintaining filing systems, both database and hard-copy
-Writing, proofing and editing print materials, scripts, speeches, and presentations
-Providing additional support on event-planning
-Coordinating pledge reminders, donor communications, etc.
-Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
-3+ years work experience in individual giving, fundraising, etc.
-Knowledge of and commitment to fundraising standards and practices (e.g. Donor Bill of Rights)
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collect and research data and analyze diverse information to make recommendations to management
- Ability to generate suggestions for improving work and develop innovative approaches and ideas
- Ability to display original thinking and creativity and meet challenges with resourcefulness
- Ability to work with a high attention to detail
- Experience in the arts and/or environmental sectors is considered a strong asset
- Experience working in a fundraising environment and working with software programs (e.g. Raiser’s Edge) is a strong asset
Compensation negotiable based on experience. Please indicate desired salary range in your response.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Ongoing until position is successfully filled
TO LEARN HOW TO APPLY: Visit the website
Posted by: The Bentway Conservancy
For more information: http://thebentway.ca