The City of Markham is a dynamic and change-oriented leader among Canadian municipalities.
The recipient of multiple environmental awards, we are recognized for our innovative sustainability and urban planning initiatives as much as for our fiscal accountability. More than 320,000 residents call Markham home and benefit from our rich heritage, culturally diverse environment, vibrant local economy and focus on quality of life.
Applications are now being accepted for the House Manager position at the FLATO Markham Theatre, in the Culture Division of the Development Services Commission. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=markham&jobId=232670&lang=en_CA&source=CC3 by March 9, 2018.
The FLATO Markham Theatre is currently seeking House Managers on a temporary part-time basis. The House Manager is responsible for providing front line guidance and direction to Ushers, Bar and Box office staff thereby helping to facilitate audience enjoyment, comfort and safety during each performance.
Hours of work: This is a temporary part-time position that would require flexible availability, daytime and nighttime during weekdays, weekends and some holidays.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Opens and closes theatre for shows
• Clarifies performance schedule with technicians and client production representatives
• Briefs all staff on event information, schedule, and positioning, as well as any special instructions
• Ensures lobby and green room is clean and prepared for patrons, and VIPs when applicable
• Ensures entryways and public areas are safe, clear of ice or snow and not slippery
• Monitors sales, troubleshoots P.O.S. system as necessary
• Oversees smooth execution of receptions, house seating, bar service, and usher duties
• Addresses any issues brought up from patrons according to policies and procedures, to the best of your ability as they arise
• Good understanding of safety and evacuation procedures in case of an emergency
To review the full posting and required qualifications, please visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=markham&jobId=232670&lang=en_CA&source=CC3
Posted by: The City of Markham
For more information: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=markham&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_CA#