Civic Theatres Toronto has an opportunity for a Human Resources/Health & Safety Assistant. This is a contract position ending in December 2018.
The Human Resources/Health & Safety Assistant will concentrate mainly on the key projects listed below but will also assist with all aspects of human resources including recruitment, employee relations, labour relations, training, benefits, attendance management, policy, health and safety, performance management and other areas as directed.
- Assist with the development, administration and implementation of the employee Health and Safety Program
- Assist with AODA fulfilment requirements
- Assist with the development of a performance management program
- Post-secondary education specializing in Human Resources / Labour Relations or related field
- Occupational Health & Safety certification and Standard First Aid CPR/AED training
- 2-5 plus years’ experience, in an HR Assistant role preferably with unionized environment knowledge
- CHRP designation or actively working towards the Designation
- CRSP or CHSC designation or actively work towards the Designation is an asset
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Excellent problem solving and research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality, discretion and judgment required
- Experience in the performing arts and/or not-for-profit sector preferred
For more information on this position, please visit: http://www.sonycentre.ca/about-us/employment-opportunity
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Human Resources/Health & Safety Assistant’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. Civic Theatres Toronto thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CTT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. CTT is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: January 23, 2018
Deadline: February 6, 2018
Posted by: Civic Theatres Toronto