The Young Centre for the Performing Arts is seeking a House Technician in a full-time capacity who will work as a member of the 3-person House crew team of the Young Centre. A minimum three-year commitment is requested.
A unique joint venture between Soulpepper Theatre Company and George Brown College, the Young Centre, located in Toronto’s Distillery Historic District, is Canada’s only performing arts, education and community outreach centre.
Reporting to the Director of Production through the Production Manager of the Young Centre, the House Technician of this multi-tenant, multi-theatre performing arts facility is a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who can successfully juggle the role of team leader and team member and thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working efficiently in a manner that supports the theatrical process with the two founding partners, Soulpepper Theatre Company and George Brown Theatre School, as well as other 3rd party users and their staffs.
• Working professionally with all corporate rental clients, festival and events staff, outside contractors and Building Operations staff as well as casual technical employees.
• Taking a leadership role or act as crew member in the set-ups, runs, and strikes of productions depending on the venue and requirements.
• Directing and training casual crew members as required.
• Maintaining, servicing, and operating the facility’s technical equipment in all theatres, halls and studios spaces as required.
• Participating and being open to new professional training initiatives and opportunities which will occur from time to time.
• Regular evening and weekend work is required.
• Performing other related duties as required.
Please see website for full posting and how to apply http://www1.youngcentre.ca/about-us
Posted by: Soulpepper Theatre Company
For more information: http://www1.youngcentre.ca/about-us