Deadline: August 7, 2020
A skilled and experienced project coordinator is needed to deliver a consultancy project on the implementation of accessibility guidelines and supports in the Toronto film festival industry. Working with a principal consultant and under contract to the Inside Out Film Festival, the Project Coordinator will ensure project realization.
Funded by the Canada Council for the Arts, the Industry Accessibility Advisory Initiative is a year-long project to consult with the film festival industry and devise a set of policies, procedures and standards for accessibility implementation and to initiate a resources bank for implementation support.
The Project Coordinator will be an independent contractor who will have responsibility to:
- Maintain project momentum and workflow
- With consultant, establish an Industry Advisory Committee comprised of filmfestival representatives, venue and/or distributor representatives and disabilityactivists/consultants
- Support and enable Advisory Committee work; organize and attend all meetings
- Support and enable the work of the project consultant as outlined in theconsultant's letter of agreement
- Develop and/or coordinate any public- or industry-facing communications (Zoompanel, Accessible Cinema Event)
- Ensure project goals are met and timeline deliverables are respected
- Identify possible project obstacles and contribute to problem-solving
- Maintain communication flow with all project parties
- Work in collaboration with other accessibility initiatives
- Document project process and outcomes
- Prepare policies, procedures and standards manual / document
- Implement updates to Reel Access Accessibility Resource Guide and assist withdevelopment of online resources bank
- Implement evaluation processes and produce evaluation report
- Track project deliverables and address roadblocks to implementation
- Project management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of ableism, disability justice and accessibilityinclusion and accommodation
- Experience within the arts sector
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including event planning and management
- Project evaluation experience
- Lived disability experience is an asset
This is a one-year, part-time project-based contract, beginning September 1, 2020.
CONTRACT DURATION: September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021.
COMPENSATION: $40/hour with an expected 30 hours per month.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: August 7, 2020
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter as one PDF document, indicating where you saw the posting, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “IAAI Project Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if you require support or accommodation in any aspect of the application process. You can contact us via email: email@example.com or by phone at 647-366-9084. Inside Out thanks everyone in advance for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Inside Out is committed to access and equity, which includes a commitment to
diversity and inclusion among its staff, board and other volunteers. We encourage individuals who reflect the broad diversity of the LGBTQ2S+ communities that we work with to apply.