Deadline: May 31, 2021
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most high profile and innovative musical ensembles, led by Music Director Elisa Citterio, at a pivotal moment in its history.
We seek an experienced, detail-oriented Production Manager to provide production, technical and logistical leadership for Tafelmusik. The successful candidate manages production/technical/artistic logistics, budgets, and staffing for Tafelmusik’s live and digital performances and events; executes production/technical work in OPAS and Vimeo Enterprise environments; ensures safe working conditions for the artists; and oversees production/technical inventories, repairs, and security.
Even as we plan for the return of live concerts, Tafelmusik will continue to produce digital performances and events to engage and to be accessible to diverse audiences and communities. We seek a candidate with excellent technical expertise who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted performance environment; plans for the uncertainties inherent in COVID times; and is able to pivot quickly and decisively as production/technical needs evolve on a daily basis.
This role is ideal for a hard-working, creative team member who seeks opportunity for advancement in Production/Technical Management. This position involves some evening and weekend work, in line with orchestra and choir schedules.
Reporting to the Director of Artistic Administration and Operations, the Production Manager:
- Plans, advances and fulfills all production/technical/artistic requirements for Tafelmusik’s live and digital events (rehearsals; Mainstage; digital filming/streaming; recordings; tours; education, artist training and community engagement events; virtual Baroque Summer Institute; auditions), working closely with the Music Director, venues, contractors, presenters, and staff.
- Manages staging, lighting, sound, instrument/equipment transfers, tuning, production/technical staffing, SOCAN reporting. • Organizes and leads production meetings, tracking deadlines and deliverables to efficiently move projects forward on time and on budget.
- Oversees digital production, post-production and performance/event streams on Vimeo Enterprise, maintaining digital media uploads, storage, and record-keeping.
- Creates and manages production/technical expense budgets, monthly tracking, invoices and reconciliations with rigor and fiscal responsibility.
- Generates all production/technical/logistical documentation and artist communications with efficiency, clarity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Leads production/technical planning, scheduling, and record-keeping in an OPAS environment, envisioning and developing new protocols for a fast-paced, high-volume production/technical milieu.
- Provides tour and stage management expertise as required.
- Fosters a safe and productive working environment for artists and contractors, ensuring compliance with public health and government guidelines and serving on Tafelmusik’s Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Maintains production/technical inventories and assets, supervises repairs and security for Tafelmusik-owned instruments and properties.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized, energetic, and collaborative professional, who has:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ production/technical management experience in the performing arts (music a definite asset) • Proven track record in managing multiple projects, details, budgets, and deadlines with high professional standards, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Excellent budget, account management, forecasting and reconciliation skills
- Strong proficiency with sound, lighting and other technical systems
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, production/technical software and tools; video/streaming technology and hardware (familiarity with OPAS and Vimeo Enterprise an asset)
- Training and/or experience with digital production, post-production and event streaming.
- Familiarity with American Federation of Musicians, ACTRA and IATSE regulations, and provincial health & safety guidelines. • Tour coordination and/or stage management experience
- An adaptable personality who can think proactively and problem-solve quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment • An effective and caring ambassador for artists and other stakeholders
- A high level of personal and professional integrity
$50,000-$65,000, based on experience
How to Apply
Tafelmusik is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our working culture and in our community. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates of all cultures, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We invite candidates who may require assistance during the application/ hiring process to let us know and we will work with them to meet their needs.
Please apply by submitting a full letter of application and current CV, not later than May 31, 2021 to:
Director of Artistic Administration and Operations
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir
427 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1X7
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.