Shakespeare in Action is Ontario’s Leading Shakespeare Education Company for Young Audiences since 1988. We are looking for a highly organized, motivated individual with a passion for classical theatre and youth.
The Interim Administrator will lead our administrative, educational and fundraising strategies for a period of 6 months, with the possibility of contract extension after such time.
Candidates should have expansive knowledge of Canadian Theatre and Theatre in Education, with exceptional written and oral communication skills, acuity in financial management, experience in managing staff and volunteers and experience in fundraising.
Date Posted: January 15, 2016
Application Deadline: February 5, 2016
Start Date: TBD
Working closely with the Artistic Director, the Interim Administrator will:
• Manage the daily operation of the Shakespeare in Action offices, including management of master calendar and email accounts.
• Oversee finances, and manage yearly and individual project budgets, annual audits and, CRA remittances charity law compliance, as well as daily banking.
• Hire and supervise office/administrative and production staff.
• Coordinate Board meetings, and assist in development of the Board of Directors.
• Manage the writing, submission and final reporting of grants from a variety of granting bodies.
• Coordinate and manage Shakespeare in Actions Fundraising events.
• Coordinate and manage marketing and call campaigns
• Take a leading role in strategizing and executing individual donor strategy plan, and draft and distribute foundation asks and corporate sponsorship pitches.
• Research and implement strategies for new revenue generation.
• Liaise with the CAEA to ensure Equity compliance and manage actor contracts.
• Maintain statistical information and perform data entry
• Oversee and manage company website
• Participate in creative planning, and
• Supervise and mentor our team of outstanding interns and volunteers
The successful applicant will have:
• A post-secondary degree in a relevant field, with a minimum of 5 years experience in arts administration, preferably management.
• Superior written and oral communication skills, with experience in writing copy for grants, fundraising and marketing.
• Working knowledge of the CTA and CAEA.
• Experience in recruiting and supervising staff, contract employees and volunteers.
• Experiencing in successfully
Posted by: Shakespeare in Action