Native Earth Performing Arts, Canada’s oldest professional Indigenous theatre is seeking an Interim Artistic Director while the current Artistic Director is on artistic hiatus.
This term for this full-time contract position is February to December 2017. Working closely with the Managing Director, the candidate is one half of a two-person team leading the company. The Interim Artistic Director reports to the Board of Directors. Key Responsibilities include:
• Implements the artistic vision and strategy with a focus on season programming, selection of artists, creative teams, and the development and production of new works.
• Articulates the role of the company in the cultural fabric of the city and the country
• Ensures that artistic programming and company activities reflect an Indigenous experience
• Oversees the development of new Indigenous work
• Oversees the recruitment, hiring and development of Indigenous artists and other staff
• Participates in the company’s activities through his or her artistic practice
• Participates in the artistic and cultural communities through advocacy, committee work, panels, workshops, etc.
• Participates in public events that will raise the profile of the company, Indigenous performing arts and artists.
• Works collaboratively with the Managing Director to ensure that day-to-day operations of the company are effective and aligned with the company's vision, mandate and strategic plan.
• Participates in all fundraising activities (from fundraisers and grant writing to cultivating private sponsors)
• Assists in the creation of accurate and realistic budgets for every aspect of the programming of the company
• Implements an evolving strategic plan that includes liaising with Daniels Spectrum and Regent Park community
• Experience leading a not-for-profit arts organisation or 5 years in a senior administrative position
• Experience in working with and engaging a Board of Directors
• Extensive knowledge of the national and international Indigenous artistic community
• Fundraising, grant-writing, marketing and management experience will be an asset
• Leadership in creating new artistic and audience development initiatives with an eye to revenue development and fiscal sustainability.
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, January 1st, 2017
Visit our website for details on how to apply: nativeearth.ca/jobs
Posted by: Native Earth Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.nativeearth.ca/jobs