TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
INTERN, ADULT LEARNING
Reporting to the Coordinator, Adult Learning, the Adult Learning Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting with research, outreach, and administrative duties. We are seeking applicants who have a strong interest and some experience working in arts administration, non-profit or education. The position presents an opportunity for a person interested in film, public programming and education to gain further knowledge about these fields and to put into practice skills that they have learned in these areas. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a junior level arts administrator and/or recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
• Assist with research related to the Higher Learning Digital Resource Hub, including cataloguing event footage and preparation of additional resources
• Provide support to Coordinator, Adult Learning, in administrative duties for Subscription Series and In Conversation With… events, including tracking information on guests and selected films
• Provide support to Coordinator, Adult Learning, with execution of educational outreach strategies, including promotion of events and initiatives to academic institutions, as well as updating existing contacts from film/media programmes and student clubs at colleges and universities in Ontario
• Attend weekly Adult Learning meetings
• General administrative duties for Adult Learning, as needed, including updating tracking sheets
• Track and compile applications submitted for The Jeffrey and Sandra Lyons Canadian Film Scholarship
• Monday, October 2, 2017 to Friday, December 22, 2017
• 1-2 years experience in film, education, arts administration and/or public programming is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Exceptional eye for detail and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Previous research and writing experience
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work individually and as a team
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers/