Deadline: 5pm on WEDNESDSY, MAY 29, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Festival Programming, the Intern will provide general administrative support to the Festival Programming department and gain an understanding of the department’s preparation for the Toronto International Film Festival. This position ideal for anyone who is currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a degree or diploma programme in Cinema or Media Studies, Arts Administration, or equivalent work/volunteer experience.
• Enter Festival preview screening information and comments into the database according to established guidelines
• Prepare materials for interdepartmental meetings
• Assist seasonal coordinators with creating film schedule cards
• Participate in data entry of the tentative and confirmed film schedule from July 27 to August 11 (including weekends)
• Participate in the tentative and confirmed schedule board conflict checks from July 27 to August 11 (including weekends);
• Participate in the tentative and confirmed schedule notification processes from July 27 to August 11 (including weekends)
• Proof film and schedule information for key publications, press releases, and online
• Create Festival contact laminates
• Organize the department’s Festival ticket inventory
• Prepare background research for extended Platform and Primetime Q&As
• Assist with Special Events background research
• Assist department with other administrative tasks, as required
• Write a detailed post-mortem report
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on WEDNESDSY, MAY 29, 2019.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application and/or hiring process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or
416-599-8433 x2001, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival