Deadline: 5pm October 18, 2019
|$55,000 - $60,000|
The Manager, Accounting reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of entries into TIFF’s accounting records, including the general ledger and the accounts payable and accounts receivable sub-ledgers; as well as working closely with IT department to validate the financial raw data with regards to the sales of Ticketing, Food & Beverage and Retail/Retail Online.
- Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of financial transactions through the general ledger and
accounts receivable and payable sub-ledgers as assigned.
- Ensure accurate accruals for revenue and expenses are made on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that general ledger control and accrual accounts are reconciled on a monthly or quarterly
- Ensure that the physical inventory count of Concessions & Retail/Retail Online are reconciled on a
- Ensure compliance with control procedures throughout organization.
- Assist with the timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and preparation for the annual audit.
- Support Controller and Director, Finance & Administration with special projects as required.
- Day to day management, coaching and oversight of 1 staff member and Interns as required.
- Other duties as required.
START DATE: Immediately
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a professional accounting designation (CPA), strongly
- Minimum of 5 years of financial management accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with NetSuite and Ticketmaster is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite especially Excel.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Highly organized in the management of individual workload and the workload of your staff.
- Proven ability to be calm and proactive in a high-pressured environment with changing priorities.
- Strong leadership, development and people/project management skills.
- Flexibility to work longer hours as required.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Please submit a cover letter and résumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5 pm on Oct 18/19
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net