The Finance department has a full time opportunity for an enthusiastic, resourceful team-player who thrives in a fast paced, hands-on, competitive environment in the role of “Manager, Client Settlement Services”.
This is a full-time permanent salary position, reporting to the Controller.
This role consists of working evenings and weekend hours as required during the performance season.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Responsible for the Centre’s financial settlement of corporate and stage business
• Oversee merchandise settlements
• Responsible for ticket income reporting
• Managing internal financial scorecards for all Centre activity
• Entry of show and event settlements to general ledger
• Assist with month-end and year-end financial analysis
• Maintain accounts receivable sub-ledger
• Five (5) or more years in arts and entertainment sector
• Enrollment in professional accounting designation at mid to senior level
• Knowledge and understanding of unionized collective agreements
• Knowledge of Ticketmaster (Archtics) ticketing system
• Knowledge of Ungerboeck (EBMS) system (version 19 or 20)
• Cash receipt handling experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Outlook
• Strong project management skills and ability to work independently
• Time management and the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Compulsory evening and weekend, including holidays, work required
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager, Client Settlement Services” in the subject line. Interviews with qualified candidate(s) will commence immediately.
No phone calls please.
The Sony Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Posted by: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.sonycentre.ca