Deadline: 5pm on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Work with the Senior Manager, Festival Programming on the overall planning and programming operations of the Toronto International Film Festival and other departmental programming initiatives, including oversight of independent contractors on an as-needed basis.
- Film tracking, including researching films and directing data entry;
- Liaise with a designated group of external film stakeholders re: film submissions and selection status;
- Assist with Festival preview screening schedule, including prioritizing and assigning individuals/committees to preview screenings;
- Update materials for Festival Prog List/Big Film meetings;
- Screen films and provide notes as part of different selection committees when relevant;
- Vet solicited international feature reject letters;
- Assist Senior Director, Film with maintenance of the Festival guest budget in conjunction with Film Office & Event Production;
- Write programme notes, as directed;
- Promote the Festival Programme to internal and external TIFF stakeholders;
- Introduce screenings and moderate extended Q&As, as required;
- Oversee recruitment, onboarding and ongoing performance assessments and career conversations for team members;
- Programme for the Festival and year-round as assigned;
- Assist the department with other administrative work, as necessary.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival, Inc.
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers