TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
MANAGER, FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING
The Manager, Festival Programming will liaise with internal stakeholders on, and manage various intradepartmental tasks associated with, the planning, programming and execution of TIFF's festivals, including co-chairing and representing the department at all festival Production meetings.
• Demonstrated passion for film and cinema culture;
• 5+ years of work experience in arts and culture administration;
• 3+ years experience managing multiple staff reports;
• Proven ability to provide high quality work within strict deadlines;
• Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
• Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations;
• Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy;
• Able to handle difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace;
• Excellent phone manner, communication fluency and interpersonal strengths;
• Proficiency with computers and applications (including Microsoft Office Suite, relational databases and the
• Google environment);
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
• Desire and ability to take initiative and manage projects;
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends;
• Verbal and written fluency in a second language considered an asset.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2018.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/