Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir invites applications for the position of
Marketing and Development Intern
(Full time contract through June 30, 2016)
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir has a full-time position for a Marketing and Development Intern. This internship is an ideal opportunity for those seeking to gain relevant, hands-on experience in two key areas of arts management. This is a contractually limited appointment through June 30, 2016.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Intern will work jointly with the Director of Marketing and the Directory of Philanthropy with duties divided between the two departments.
A. Marketing Tasks: (liaising with the Senior Marketing Manager)
- Website edits, and assist with larger web revisions as needed. Experience in HTML.
- Experience in working with Photoshop is required, experience with Illustrator an asset.
- Create, edit, and send marketing emails, in cooperation with the Senior Marketing Manager.
- Create digital images including web banners, retargeter ads, Facebook ads, etc.
- Assist with crowdfunding campaign for Beethoven Symphony No. 9.
- Plan and coordinate library and outreach lectures.
- Coordinate lobby display screen content.
- Other marketing duties as required.
B. Development Tasks: (liaising with Associate Director of Philanthropy)
- Assist with fundraising mailings through the preparation of relevant lists from the database. Oversee the mail merges and ensure high quality production. Work with the Development Assistant in getting mailings out.
- Serve as coordinator of the annual fundraising Gala take the lead in the planning and execution of the event.
- Coordinate database list pulls for various fundraising appeals and donor events.
- Bi-weekly production of tax receipts and donor acknowledgment letters.
- Perform miscellaneous minor updates to the database.
- Work with the Director and Associate Director to manage and record development department expenses and to track revenue. Liaise with the finance office as appropriate on matters related to departmental revenues and expenses.
- Work with the Director to prepare the periodic fundraising reports for the Finance Committee and Board of Directors by providing updated financial data.
- Other Development duties as required.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in classical music and the performing arts is preferred.
Posted by: Tafelmusik
For more information: http://www.tafelmusik.org/