Toronto Dance Theatre (TDT) is seeking a Marketing and Development Manager to join its small and dynamic administrative team.
This is a full-time position with benefits, and provides an excellent opportunity for an arts professional to implement new ideas in support of one of Canada’s leading contemporary dance companies entering its 50th anniversary season. This coming year of activity will be different from most, with just one home production + extensive touring, co-presenting and fundraising.
Reporting directly to and working closely with the Managing Director, the Marketing and Development Manager will be engaged in all aspects of the company’s marketing and development efforts and will have the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities - Marketing:
- Plan and implement all marketing campaigns within a fixed budget to generate maximum ticket sales
- With TDT’s graphic designer, manage the production of all marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, posters, newsletters, ads (print and digital) and house programs
- Coordinate the dissemination of all marketing materials (mailings, postering etc.) and prepare all lobby displays
- Develop and implement all digital marketing strategies (SEM, social media)
- Analyze and report on digital marketing effectiveness using Google Analytics and Hoot Suite
- Maintain an up-to-date website
- Assist in tour marketing and media relations
- Coordinate the ticketing system for the Winchester Street Theatre and reconcile sales using a payment processor (Paypal, Beanstream)
- Analyze and report on tickets sales and ongoing marketing expenses
- Create press kits for promotional uses
- Target group sales and initiate promotions and strategic marketing partnerships
- Produce and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date catalogue of marketing materials including photos, videos, reviews, biographies and repertory information
- Track and document accurate attendance numbers for grants and other reports
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date patron records in the company’s database (Sumac)
Responsibilities - Development
- Participate in the planning of annual and long-term development strategies working towards increasing revenue and broadening the donor base (individual, corporate and foundation)
- Focus on cultivating and acquiring new annual donors through direct marketing channels, prospecting, and referrals
- Prepare sponsorship and foundation proposals/materials as required
- Assist with grant applications as required, particularly the collection and tracking of statistical information
- A related college or university degree + one-three years’ work experience at an arts organization
- The ability to think creatively, work independently, and take initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities in a small, fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with the following software: o Abobe Suite of programs, specifically InDesign and Photoshop (Illustrator an asset)
Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Final Cut Express
Constant Contact or Mailchimp
- Experience with database management (Sumac)
A knowledge of contemporary dance and passion for the performing arts, the ability to stay calm under pressure, and a good sense of humour are definite assets!
The position requires flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends during performance periods.
To apply, send a cover letter (separate from email, please) and resumé combined in one pdf by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing and Development Manager Search” no later than July 26, 2017 to:
Andrea Vagianos, Managing Director
Toronto Dance Theatre
80 Winchester Street
Toronto, On M4X 1B2
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.