Deadline: Tuesday July 2, 2019
Native Earth Performing Arts is seeking a part-time Marketing Assistant to execute the company’s day-to-day marketing strategies and initiatives. Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator, the Marketing Assistant will:
• Assist with executing the company’s annual marketing plan, including advertising and promotion of shows, events, and other initiatives, and dissemination of printed materials (e.g. postcards, posters, season booklets)
• Assist with planning and generating dynamic content for social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Develop promotional materials for Weesageechak Begins to Dance Festival, including artist profiles, and engaging social media campaigns
• Plan, manage, and execute targeted outreach to schools, Indigenous communities, and other community groups
• Develop and maintain relationships, and coordinate ongoing communications with the performing arts community, Indigenous communities, and the community-at-large to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new audiences
• Assist with coordinating special events, including post-show talkbacks, receptions, and fundraisers
• Support the work of the Managing Director and Artistic Director as needed, including marketing materials for annual reports, donor and sponsor development
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a marketing capacity or within the non-profit arts sector
• Detail-oriented with proficient writing, copy-editing, proofreading skills
• Experience with website management, particularly WordPress and basic HTML
• Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mailchimp, and Hootsuite and Photoshop or equivalent programs
• Project management, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
• Ability to work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of communities, and in a small office environment.
• A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous performing arts.
• A respect for Indigenous contemporary traditions and sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
• Ability to work some evenings and weekend
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit by email with subject line "Marketing Assistant", a single file (PDF or Word) of Cover Letter, CV or Resume, and 2 Professional References with the title format LastName_FirstName.pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include one relevant sample of your communications experience. More: http://bit.ly/nativeearthjob
Posted by: Native Earth Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.nativeearth.ca/jobs/