Deadline: Jun 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Jun 14, 2019
Start Date: Jun 17, 2019
Salary Range: 20K - 30K
Additional Salary Information: $18.00/ hour
Region: Peel Region
Employee Benefits: Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Check Additional Info section for more Employee Benefits
Organization's Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job's focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Summer Jobs
Career Level: Entry level/ intern
City of Brampton
Dynamic. Diverse. Exciting. Brampton is Canada's second fastest growing city... home to over 524,000 people from more than 175 distinct ethnic backgrounds... a place where you're invited to imagine a future of growth, opportunity and job satisfaction.
Employees of the City of Brampton are drawn by many qualities: our commitment to excellence and innovation; our dedication to outstanding customer service; a culture that values training, professional development and career advancement; our open, accountable management style; and the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that brings us together.
So are we what's next? Discover what we have to offer, and imagine your future in Brampton.
The Performing Arts team is presently seeking 2 (two) summer students to assist in the Cultural Services Division for full-time (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday) positions from approximately June to August 2019. Some evenings and weekends are required for event coverage.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Theatre Marketing, these positions provide program and/or administrative support to the division, while providing excellent customer service to internal and external clients. Ensure professional and quality marketing program delivery to meet and support the goals and vision of Performing Arts.
- Respond to customer inquiries/concerns and provide information regarding programs and services via social media and email.
- Meet with affiliated theatre groups and sponsors to maintain excellent relationships and support for performing arts programs and venues.
- Monitor and resolve core customer service issues as related to marketing, public relations and advertising.
- Act as point of contact for communications, programs and events.
- Report on customer statistics, usage, attendance, revenue and social media statistics, trends.
- Assist with strategic email marketing and website content for Performing Arts.
- Assist with administrative duties including invoices, budget and expenditure tracking.
- Provides input to budgeting process, forecasting and monitoring of revenues, expenditures and net.
- Assists in preparing and distributing marking reports such as season brochures.
- Manage social media accounts and digital content creation for Performing Arts programs and venues including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Prepare or proof materials related to marketing of programs and assist with graphic design coordination.
- Prepare evaluations of marketing programs to ensure continuous improvement in all initiatives.
- Assist in the research, planning, coordination and evaluation of programs and special events.
- Uses awareness of emerging marketing initiatives and make recommendations for improvements and future programs including continual growth for digital content initiatives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of department programs, services, and presenting season.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis on related field (i.e. Marketing)
- Over one year related experience
- Supervisory or informal leadership, particularly of volunteers, an asset
- Experience working in a Theatre or related facility would be an asset
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Exposure to budgeting and financial management
- Customer service skills and experience
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR / AED from an accredited organization
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
|Job status: Temporary
Hourly rate: $18.00
How to Apply:
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by June 14, 2019 and complete the attached questionnaire.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate at their own expense to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.