Application Deadline: Friday September 7, 2018
Start Date: Monday September 24, 2018
Hours Per Week: 24
Rate of Pay: $21.00/hr
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations.
Art Starts is looking for a polished writer and social media-savvy community arts enthusiast to fill the role of Marketing & Communications Coordinator. This position, reporting directly to the Executive Director, will help grow awareness of Art Starts and inspire new people to engage with us. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing, designing, editing, updating and fact-checking a variety of communications platforms including Art Starts’ website, monthly e-newsletter, social media, donor communications and press releases. As a storyteller, the ideal candidate is adept at finding, succinctly articulating and sharing the heart of a story and writing and designing engaging content for a variety of platforms and audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing & Communications
- Ensure the Art Starts brand is reflected through all communications
- Maintain and update website content using WordPress
- Develop and deliver engaging content via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Write content for and design e-newsletter, distribute via MailChimp
- Update and maintain Art Starts online presence (Toronto Foundation Community Knowledge Centre, Neighbourhood Arts Network, etc)
- Remain up-to-date on current marketing and digital trends and functionality
- Develop print and electronic promotional materials, including program flyers, power point presentations, site specific newsletters)
- Adhere to the Art Starts style guide
- Attend public events as required to provide marketing and communications support
- Other duties as assigned
- Write and disseminate press releases
- Maintain database of media contacts
- Liaise between Art Starts and members of the media
- Prepare media kits
- Liaise with other departments and staff to gather information and resources as needed
- Manage Art Starts’ current image bank, photo archive, prepare images for grants & reports
- Archive all marketing & media materials
- Coordinate with outside suppliers (eg. printers, web developers)
- University degree or equivalent work experience in related subject area such as communications, journalism, public relations, fundraising or marketing
- Related work experience in the non-profit sector
- Extensive, demonstrated experience with WordPress, MailChimp and current social media platforms
- Graphic design experience
- Team player, with ability to work independently
- Superior writing, graphic design and organizational skills
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
If you require any accommodations during the hiring or interview process,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Send resume, cover letter and up to 4 samples of your writing (social media posts, links to digital media pieces, articles, etc) to email@example.com withMarComm Coordinator listed in the subject line.
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.