Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: February 03, 2020
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020
ABOUT CROW’S THEATRE
Crow’s Theatre has been a leading force in the Canadian theatre landscape, recognized for provocative and award-winning new theatre work that has toured nationally and internationally.
In January 2017, following the completion of a $12 million capital campaign, Crow’s opened the doors to its first permanent home, Streetcar Crowsnest. As the first performing arts facility of its kind in Toronto’s East End, Streetcar Crowsnest offers a dynamic spectrum of affordable contemporary theatre, all-ages arts events, wide-ranging community programming and partnerships.
Led by Artistic and General Director, Chris Abraham, and Executive Director, Sherrie Johnson, Streetcar Crowsnest houses multiple venues for programming and events: the Guloien Theatre; the Scotiabank Community Studio for performances, rehearsals and community activities; a stunning Lobby Bar; and its adjacent full-service restaurant Gare de L’est.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow’s Theatre seeks a full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is passionate about Canadian theatre, arts marketing, and has a knack for creating great content.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, trafficking and creating marketing and communications materials including (but not limited to) social media, print pieces, advertisements and email newsletters. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will take the lead on email newsletter creation and approvals, theatrical programs, and manage Crow’s Theatre social media accounts.
- Copywriting, design, and execution of e-newsletters and other marketing communications, event invitations, etc.
- Social media content creation, engagement and advertising on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Website updates and maintenance
- Marketing administration, including liaising between various stakeholders for the promotion of marketing related initiatives, the design, approval and distribution of various marketing materials, arranging and executing cross-promotions, and organising and managing marketing department files, calendars, database and collateral
- Create Power Point presentations, critical paths, spreadsheets and documentation as required
- Assist Director of Marketing and Communication on developing and executing effective strategies for marketing the theatre season, company and partner productions, and the organisation’s brand
- Data analysis, including compiling and presenting reports on marketing and sales as needed by the Marketing department, company management and external stakeholders
- Design (image and video) for social media, website, e-communication, signage and collateral as needed
- Assist other Crow’s departments (e.g. Development and Events) with various marketing initiatives as needed
- Perform additional marketing and administrative tasks as required
- Perform marketing and administrative tasks as required
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a previous marketing, content creation or social media role
- Proficiency with Mailchimp, the Office 365 platform including OneDrive and SharePoint, and Photoshop (or other photo editing software)
- Attention to detail and high-level organizational skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing abilities.
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including attending some performances, events, or rehearsals on evenings or weekends
- Previous experience with ticketing and/or CRM programs considered an asset. (Please include experience with ticketing programs in cover letter.)
- Experience on video editing, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and Google Ads considered strong assets.
- Experience with website maintenance and HTML coding an asset
- Willingness to learn and explore on the job
This is a permanent employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits and pension plan.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to “Marketing and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 17, 2020. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.
Posted by: Crow's Theatre
For more information: https://crowstheatre.com