Deadline: October 30, 2019
The SummerWorks and The Theatre Centre are creating a fulltime contract role to meet the shared needs of both organizations. This includes working to meet individual organizational needs as well as joint needs on our shared festival, Progress.
The contract will run November 12, 2019 - March 31, 2020 with the possibility for extension. Date do not include work between 23 Dec - 03 Jan.
The Marketing Coordinator will be an essential part of the team for both organizations. They are responsible for the communication of ongoing individual organizational activities and promotion of activities and campaigns.
The successful applicant will divide their time between SummerWorks and The Theatre Centre and will be responsible for various marketing and communications tasks within each organization. This person should be adept at planning and scheduling and able to work as part of a team and on their own. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and the needs of various stakeholders.
Experience in developing marketing strategy and deploying social media content and advertisements across various social channels is essential. Basic graphic design experience (including Photoshop and In Design) is required. Experience with online mail systems (MailChimp, Mad Mimi, etc.) as well as copywriting, proofing, and editing skills are required. Candidates should also have experience in collating materials for print, and liaising with print and/or web designers for large projects.
Marketing Coordinator: Skills and Knowledge
It is essential that the Marketing Coordinator has:
- High level organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills and social media proficiency.
- A strong, self-directed work ethic.
- Experience with digital marketing and basic web editing.
- Experience in basic graphic design.
It is desirable that the Marketing Coordinator has:
- Knowledge of the goals and activities of SummerWorks and the Theatre Centre.
- Familiarity with the Toronto performance community.
- Familiarity with online and print marketing platforms.
- Previous experience planning and executing indie and/or festival marketing campaigns.
Deadline is October 30. For more information and details of how to apply please visit summerworks.ca/jointheteam
Posted by: SummerWorks Festival / The Theatre Centre
For more information: https://summerworks.ca/jointheteam