Deadline Monday May 13, 2019
Contract Period: June - August, 2019
Full Job Posting: tdt.org/careers
The Marketing and Development Assistant will support the Toronto Dance Theatre administrative team to attract resources from private revenue streams as well as grow our audience base. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent grad or young professional looking to begin their career in arts administration with a specific interest in the performing arts.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Update and maintain the Company’s CRM database related to communications and fundraising
- Track philanthropic pledges and contributions
- Support year-end direct mail campaign
- Analyse audience surveys collected during the season, work with the Communications Manager to segment audience interests and buying patterns
- Develop content for social media, communications and website
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in pursuing a career in the arts, cultural, and/or non-profit sector
- Related post-secondary education is an asset. Position is open to those in the process of completing a post-secondary program
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. CRM database experience an asset
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
Terms of Employment
This is a fulltime position (30/hours a week) for up to 16 weeks in the summer. TDT welcomes applications from those who identify as a newcomer to Canada, who identify as LGBTQ2, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, visible minorities, and people with disabilities. As this is a funded position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note that unfortunately, 80 Winchester Street is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
If you meet the above requirements, please send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday May 13, 2019.
Posted by: Toronto Dance Theatre
For more information: https://tdt.org/careers