Deadline: Friday November 8, 2019
Remuneration: $40,000 - $50,000
The Marketing Manager works in collaboration with the Communications and Outreach Manager. The ideal candidate for this position has excellent communication skills, is a creative, forward thinking individual who understands current marketing trends and has the ability to develop, implement and execute strategic marketing plans.
- Develops and executes integrated marketing and sales strategies for the Theatre, complete with objectives, time-lines and budgets
- Hires and maintains relationships with graphic designers, printers, photographers, videographers and other suppliers
- Directs the graphic designer in the development of an annual advertising campaign based on the creative plan (including supporting print materials such as brochures, flyers, posters and programs
- Approves all ad/brochure/collateral material design for all departments
- Meets with ad reps to source new advertising outlets and opportunities
- Creates, analyzes marketing research tools and conducts patron surveys
- Acts as a media spokesperson with the Communications and Outreach Manager to maintain and enhance public image of the Theatre
- Secures media sponsorships and negotiates pricing
- Leads management of social media channels
- Assists in providing strategic communications advice to all departments, to ensure the quality of materials or comments issued in print, orally, or via the internet
Knowledge & Experience:
- Exceptional written/verbal communications skills; experience writing copy for print and online
- Successful implementation of direct marketing campaigns
- Strong proof reading skills
- Knowledge of print production and graphic design
- High level experience of brand management with good negotiation skills
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
Please send resume with cover letter and references to the attention of Shawn Daudlin, Managing Director by Friday, November 8, 2019. Chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview. Apply online by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1979, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is a professional Canadian theatre company dedicated to the development and presentation of queer theatre. Over the past 40 years, it has evolved from a small production company into the largest and longest-running queer theatre company in the world. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants.
Posted by: Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
For more information: http://buddiesinbadtimes.com/news/job-posting-marketing-manager/