Factory Theatre seeks a talented and creative marketing professional who will help grow the theatre’s single ticket sales, increase audience retention, and drive subscriptions.
The Marketing Officer is a key member of a high-performing and collaborative administrative team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Development, and working closely with development and patron services staff, the Marketing Officer is responsible for the creation and execution of a wide range of marketing and audience development initiatives.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of new and innovative approaches to audience development and retention
- Execute and report on digital, print, broadcast, and experiential marketing campaigns
- Create, schedule, manage, and report on Factory’s social media and email marketing campaigns
- Maintain and publish content to Factory’s website
- Develop and coordinate content driven marketing campaigns on season shows
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of artist headshots, bios, and program notes
- Work with patron services staff to find (and/or) create opportunities for re-attendance, subscription, and group booking initiatives
- Collaborate with development staff on donor prospecting and annual giving campaigns
- Contribute to strategic planning to maximize all aspects of revenue generation
Other duties may be requested as necessary. Normal work hours are Monday – Friday, 9 – 6, with weekend and evening work occasionally required.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- A post-secondary degree (preferably in marketing or arts management/ administration)
- Minimum two years professional experience in the creation and execution of successful marketing campaigns (preferably in an arts or non-profit environment)
- A creative ability to envision and execute new ways of communicating to and attracting new audiences to Canadian theatre
- High professional standards with an acute attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities with a creative flair for copywriting (knowledge of Canadian Press Style an asset)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced goal-oriented environment
- A high level of expertise in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing software (Dotmailer an asset), social media management software (Hootsuite an asset), CMS (WordPress and Concrete 5 an asset), HTML, CSS, and box office systems (Spektrix an asset)
- Experience creating, targeting, executing, and reporting on paid Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram campaigns
- A passion for the performing arts, with knowledge of the current Toronto theatre/arts community an asset
About Factory Factory’s mission is to enthral audiences with the imagination of Canadian playwrights and develop the next generation of intercultural theatre artists. Since its founding in 1970, Factory has committed to exclusively produce Canadian plays. Factory has made it an artistic priority to invest in, and showcase Canadian artists who bring their stories to our theatre in Toronto. This has made Factory the home of the Canadian playwright and for over four decades, developing and producing some of the finest theatrical works in our national canon and giving space to some of the most gifted and prolific playwrights in Canada.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MONDAY, JULY 17 2017, @ 11:55 PM
Applications Please send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations in pdf format (please label the pdf with your name: SurnameFirstname.pdf) via email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Officer”. All applications will be treated in confidence. No telephone inquiries please. Factory Theatre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices and in all its work. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.