PACT seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic new team member to assume responsibility for membership administration and organizational communications.
Are you a savvy social media type with excellent writing and communications? Do you have an eye for detail? Can you be one of the key connectors for theatre companies across Canada?
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Membership & Communications Manager is responsible for planning, managing and implementing PACT’s communications and membership strategies.
The Membership & Communications Manager will write, produce and distribute internal and external communications using PACT’s communications channels. The Membership and Communications manager will monitor and maintain the PACT website, the PACT conference website and The Theatre Listing website. The Membership & Communications Manager will ensure that all of PACT’s communications further PACT’s mandate, goals and objectives.
The Membership and Communications Manager will develop and implement excellent Member and Colleague retention and recruitment practices and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute communications plans and timelines
- Oversee all communications activities and channels, including PACT’s websites, social media channels and all other publications and materials.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies as needed
- Write, research, edit and layout communications documents including promotional materials, surveys, order forms and brochures
- Research, plan and coordinate activities for World Theatre Day and World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People, and build a public profile for the event
- Respond to inquiries from the general public
- Maintain the PACT database, including accurate member, media and outreach lists
- Periodically evaluate PACT’s communications tools and infrastructure, making recommendations for new and/or evolved systems as appropriate
Member and Colleague Services
- In conjunction with the Membership Committee, develop and implement Member and Colleague recruitment and retention plans
- Identify potential new Members and Colleagues and assist the Membership Committee with recruitment activities
- Prepare and distribute new Member, new Colleague, and new staff welcome materials
- Steward membership and colleague applicants through their respective application processes and manage renewal processes
- Administer the Mallory Gilbert Leadership Award and Honorary Life Member designation
- Identify and develop new membership services
- Maintain PACT Member files and oversee database maintenance, including input of records, updating and creating reports
Administration and Team Responsibility
- Assist with board meetings, including meeting logistics, board package preparations and minute-taking
- Contribute and provide support to PACT’s advocacy activities
- Act as a staff liaison to PACT’s Diversity, Cultural Diversity and Artistic Practice committees
- Support the conference with administration of the Travel Subsidy Fund and the conference buddy program
- Recruit, train and supervise interns, co-op students and volunteers as funds are available
- Provide on-the-ground event support at events (eg. the conference and annual general meeting)
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director from time to time
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a communications or member/community management role, ideally in a non-profit environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of communications planning, strategy and management, especially digital
- Proficiency with computers and strong Microsoft Office skills as well as Facebook page management, Twitter, website and database management
- Ability to work well under pressure and with a variety of stakeholders in a small team atmosphere
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, adapting to changing priorities as necessary
- An independent worker with great time-management and self-facilitation skills
- Commitment to ensuring the success of PACT through excellent communications management and member support
- Experience at a performing arts organization or professional theatre company as a department manager
- A background in theatre or not-for-profit arts
- An enthusiastic, curious person who isn’t afraid to take initiative
- Experience with Sumac, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, WordPress
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres is a member-driven organization of professional Canadian theatres which serves as the collective voice of its members. For the betterment of Canadian theatre, PACT provides leadership, national representation and a variety of programs and practical assistance to member companies, enabling members to do their own creative work. For more information visit www.pact.ca
We aim to be a responsive organization, cognizant of the needs of our members and the community as a whole in order to offer programs and services that benefit our community. We strive to be representative of the true breadth of professional theatre in this country, and work to make sure we are an inclusive organization that provides value for all theatre companies in Canada
PACT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. As such, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristics protected by the Human Rights Code.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Human Rights Code, PACT will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities through the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process upon request. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with an annual salary range of $38-42,000 including employee group benefits
Deadline: Applications to be received by 5:30pm ET, March 16, 2018
Submissions by email only: Please send your resume with a covering letter (in PDF format please) with the subject line “Application for Membership & Communications Manager” to Executive Director, Sara Meurling – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.