Application Deadline: ongoing until position is filled
Start Date: TBD – approximately late August, 2017
Location: North York
Term: Fall/Winter 2017: Rehearsals Sep 1 – Nov 22, 2017, Tech/Performance Nov 23 – 26, 2017; Winter/Spring 2018: Rehearsals Jan 8 – Apr 11, 2018, Tech/Performance Apr 15 – 28, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Bravo Academy for the Performing Arts is committed to providing high quality performing arts education to students of all ages and levels. Our aim is to assist students in building confidence through teaching skills in music, theatre and dance. All classes are taught by highly qualified instructors that are performers, educators and supporters of the arts.
Bravo Academy is looking for an energetic and experienced Music Director for our Advanced Music Theatre Studio Teen Troupe program (ages 13-18). This position will include Wednesday evening work and occasional Sundays.
- Lead instruction and direction of the musical performance of each Studio Troupe production, including the cast and band.
- Attend all rehearsals, including extended calls and weekend calls as scheduled.
- Participate in auditions and casting for each production.
- Work collaboratively with the director and choreographer to achieve artistic vision.
- Work one-on-one with individual students, as needed.
- Ensure band is rehearsed and prepared.
- Attend all tech rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances.
- Set a positive tone for the class, encouraging an atmosphere of patience, kindness, respect, and understanding between all team members and class participants.
- A working knowledge of music theatre
- Strong leadership skills, working with both adults and children
- Understanding of arts education and ability to work collaboratively and positively with young artists
- Ability to work productively and meet deadlines in an environment of change
- 3 – 5 years of experience, including music direction, accompaniment, and/or working with children/young artists in an educational environment
- Post-secondary degree in music or performance preferred
- Proficient piano accompanist
- Criminal Record Check required
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Bravo Academy, Att: Melissa Bencic
Posted by: Bravo Academy for the Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.bravoacademy.ca