Deadline: Monday, August 5th, 12pm
Remuneration: Between $44,000 - $48,000
This position focuses on administrative tasks, volunteer management and interaction with participants – representatives, teachers, students and the National Theatre School of Canada (NTS) team. As the main point of connection between our clientele in Ontario and the National Theatre School (NTS), this very autonomous person based in the Toronto area will be able to communicate effectively and build strong team spirit despite the distance from the Montreal-based team.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Inspired by our professional training, NTS community programs, including the NTS Festival, encourage creativity, self-expression, an interest in the arts and greater connectivity in communities across Canada.
We believe that theatre catalyzes empathy and allows us to engage with the complexity of our times. Therefore, we must respond to an empathy deficit in the world today by encouraging greater participation in the arts by everyone.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and manage volunteer teachers and coordinators for district, regional and provincial showcases and the various committees;
- Liaise with the School team, district reps and supervising teachers leading up to Festivals, and serve as a contact for the festival communities (onsite or distant);
- Offer advice and information to teachers, stakeholders and external organizations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact;
- Attend festivals, committees and meetings (as possible);
- Propose adjudicators and workshop leaders to engage different communities;
- Build up a pool of arts professionals to hire or work with for projects;
- Work with a range of community groups to identify their needs and then adapt projects to meet these needs;
- Manage and support volunteers;
- Liaise with a variety of people and organizations including local schools, boards, sponsors, freelance professionals and specialist workers;
- Maintain databases and undertake any other administrative duties.
Interested by the challenge and want to join our energetic and engaged team?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV, along with a cover letter describing what makes you an ideal candidate, by email to email@example.com. In Deadline for applications: Monday, August 5th, 12pm. Schedule to start: Monday, August 26th.
Posted by: National Theatre School of Canada
For more information: https://ent-nts.ca/en