Application Deadline: June 23, 2015
Hours per week:24
Rate of Pay: $17.00/hour
Start Date: July 6, 2015
Contract Length: 49 weeks
PLEASE NOTE: There are criteria that must be met in order to be eligible for this position, in addition to the qualifications listed below. Before applying, firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading “Office Coordinator” to inquire about the eligibility criteria.
Art Starts inspires and cultivates social change by bringing professional artists and Toronto residents together to create community-building arts projects in all artistic disciplines. We use the arts as a medium for engaging residents, identifying challenges, and collectively working to overcome them. Art Starts’ collaborative approach celebrates communities, creates a shared sense of identity, and responds to local needs in underserved neighbourhoods.
Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its 2013 Arts for Youth Award.
The Office Coordinator position is an exciting opportunity to be part of a strong organization and team – supporting committed people who work with Toronto’s underserved neighbourhoods. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with an extraordinary ability for juggling multiple tasks efficiently, a love for detail and accuracy and a team player who can tackle a job and get it done.
Position Summary: The Office Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the office, assisting with all of the administrative duties and tasks associated with supporting Art Starts programs and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees and assists with space rental clients
• Oversees reception duties
• Manages the Arts Starts contact database
• Coordinates scheduling of board, team and partner meetings
• Manages housekeeping services and maintenance
• Ensures a high standard of order and tidiness in all common office space
• Manages inventory of office supplies
• Ensures high client and stakeholder service standards are maintained
• Coordinates bulk fundraising mailings, charitable receipts and thank you notes to donors
• Assists as required with administrative support for seasonal program and fundraising events and campaigns
• Responsible for office supplies budget
• Cross-trained in entering accounts payable
• Responsible for receiving and entering cheque donations into the database
• Assists with other finance and administrative duties as required
- Undergraduate degree is an asset
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a customer service or social service environment is an asset
- Ability to work independently and manage a variety of tasks concurrently
- Dedicated, enthusiastic & responsible with superior organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills; solid grasp of business communications including good written English
- Strong team player
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with computers
- Comfort and willingness to learn new database systems
- Candidate must be available to do occasional evening and weekend work
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Tuesday, June 23rd.
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
No phone calls please.