Deadline: Monday, January 25th, 2021
SummerWorks expands the possibilities of performance. We are a leader, collaborator, and community builder at the forefront of contemporary performance – asking crucial questions; nurturing artistic innovation; and presenting new works that reflect the complexity and diversity of our society. Anchored by our annual SummerWorks Performance Festival in August, SummerWorks offers a year-round program of creation, presentation, and learning opportunities for artists and audiences. www.summerworks.ca.
Please note, the SummerWorks team is currently working remotely in line with Covid-19 health and safety protocol.
Operations & Development Manager: Description & Duties
- The Operations & Development Manager is responsible for the efficient running of the operational elements of the organization, covering four areas: administration, fundraising & development, finance, and human resources.
- The Operations & Development Manager will oversee the organizational critical path, fundraising and development strategy, operating budget, and manage financial processes with the Bookkeeper.
- They are also responsible for smooth day-to-day operations.
- Reports to: Artistic & Managing Director.
- Direct report: Bookkeeper.
You are someone who:
- Has 5+ years relevant experience.
- Has a passion for the performing arts.
- Has exceptional organizational, planning, team-building and time management-skills.
- Has experience with managing operational budgets over $500,000.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is personable and able to develop a positive rapport with staff, partners and donors.
- Has proven ability to secure and manage funding from public sources.
- Has proven financial acumen.
- Has excellent computer skills, including experience of using Quickbooks, Google Suite, Excel, Slack, Zoom, and project management software (e.g Airtable) at an advanced level; also comfortable with WordPress and HTML.
- Is motivated and meticulous, with a keen eye for detail.
Experience working on festivals, live events, and within large teams in particular, is an asset.
- $52,000 per annum + benefits
The due date for applications is Monday, January 25th, 2021. To view the full job description, responsibilities and application requirements please visit:
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: SummerWorks
For more information: http://summerworks.ca/get-involved/join-the-team/