Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir seeks an experienced, detail-oriented Operations Coordinator to provide production/logistics leadership.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator works with the Music Director, Assistant to the Music Director, venues, presenters and staff on all production/technical/artistic requirements for Tafelmusik’s Toronto services (mainstage, runouts, events, education/outreach, Baroque Summer and Winter Institutes, recordings, auditions), including staging, lighting, sound, instrument/equipment transfers and staffing. He/she prepares all production/logistical/budget documentation and artist communications with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail. He/she coordinates Operations activities, schedules and records through the OPAS system, overseeing future development, and administers all choir activities including contracts, schedules and rehearsal preparation. He/she services work permit, visa, tax and grant submission requirements for Tafelmusik tours. This position involves evening/weekend work and some travel.
The successful candidate will be a highly-organized, energetic and collaborative professional, having:
- Excellent operations and/or production coordination experience
- Strong organizational experience with ability to manage multiple projects, details, budgets and deadlines
- Proficiency with sound, lighting and technical systems
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, production/technical software & tools; familiarity with OPAS an asset
- Tour coordination experience an asset
- High professional standards and values, with attention to accuracy and detail
- An effective, caring ambassador for artists and stakeholders
- Proactive/flexible nature with ability to problem-solve
- Strong interest in classical music and the performing arts
- A related post-secondary degree or diploma
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a performing arts organization
Competitive salary based on experience.
Interested parties should submit a letter of application and current CV, not later than April 16, 2015, to:
Director of Operations
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir
427 Bloor Street West, Box 14
Toronto, ON M5S 1X7
Fax 416 964-2782 / email@example.com / www.tafelmusik.org
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted by: Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra and Chamber Choir
For more information: http://www.tafelmusik.org