Application Deadline: Oct 03, 2018
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Organization’s Field/Discipline: The Arts
Career Level: Intermediate
Prologue to the Performing Arts is a charitable, not for profit arts education organization dedicated to enriching the lives of young people by connecting them to high quality live performing arts. We believe that the performing arts play a vital role in the development of healthy, creative and responsible members of a diverse society and should therefore be made accessible to all young people and families.
The Outreach & Bookings Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the coordination of school and public bookings particularly, but not exclusively, outside of the Greater Toronto Area. Responsibilities also include maintaining positive and clear relationships with Prologue artists and companies and overseeing marketing and outreach initiatives as part of a collaborative team.
Prologue to the Performing Arts is a not-for-profit charitable organization that facilitates opportunities for young people to experience the performing arts within Ontario. Prologue seeks to enrich the lives of every young person in the province through diverse and impactful performing arts experiences.
- Manage the booking of performances and workshops to individual schools, school boards and public venues for touring artists outside of the GTA and a select list of artists within the GTA as agreed upon with the Executive Director
- Update, re-schedule and revise all bookings as needed upon the request of schools, artists or internally
- Work in collaboration with staff team to develop sales strategies and set sales targets for increased reach to schools and communities across the province
- Undertake the coordination of specific tours where the artist/company is coming from out of Toronto and the tour details require particular coordination
- Update and manage bookings through a Client Relations Management system (Salesforce)
Artist Relations & Programming
- Liaise with artists/companies to coordinate performance schedules and tour dates
- Communicate and manage all artist contractual requirements, including:
- Coordination of Artist Agreements
- Track and ensure artist compliance with Vulnerable Sector Check requirements
- Assist in collection of artist details for all marketing materials such as the program guide and website
- Serve as staff representative on the Program Committee – coordinate preview performances, assist with outreach, support adjudication process and liase with artists and Committee members when necessary
- Update and distribute the annual Artist Handbook and assist with orientation of new and current artists
- Create reports for analysis to address on-going progress and impact
- Determine, as part of staff team, full marketing strategy – including all campaigns and deadlines for the year
- Primary management of Prologue website including administration of content, special programs/campaigns according to marketing targets
- Develop and implement system for analysis of website and social media impact and reach (e.g. Google analytics)
- Coordination and implementation of e-blasts and social media campaigns as determined in master marketing strategy
- Working in collaboration with staff team, develop graphics for promotion of programs, events and projects
- Attend conferences and events to promote Prologue’s artists and companies in schools outside the GTA and public venues
- Participate as a member of Marketing and Program Committees
Other Duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in the arts, education, marketing or related field
- Background and experience in arts education, community arts and/or performing arts for young audiences
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Client Relations Management (CRM) systems, Salesforce, WordPress, Canva and/or MailChimp consider an asset
- Background and experience in customer service and sales considered an asset
- Marketing experience, including social media, marketing and promotional campaigns and creation of graphics considered an asset
- Access to a vehicle considered an asset
- Proficiency in French considered an asset
This is a full-time, permanent position starting as soon as possible. The standard hours of work for the position are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. The position requires some occasional evenings and/or weekend work. The salary for this position is $42,000 annually.
Prologue to the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and supports and values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by 5:00pm on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 by email only to email@example.com. Please specify ‘Outreach & Bookings Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 3 @ 5:00pm