Mixed Company Theatre (MCT) produces innovative, socially relevant drama as a tool for positive social change.
Founded as an artist-run collective in 1983, MCT uses Forum Theatre and interactive arts to educate, engage, and empower audiences in school, communities and workplaces. Our reach has expanded considerably since then, as have our audiences, but our commitment to using theatre as a tool for positive change has remained the same.
MCT is seeking an Outreach Coordinator who will be able to promote and sell our up-coming forum theatre school productions. The position requires the candidate to spend 50% of their time contacting schools directly to book our spring 2016 tour. S/he will keep an organized record of the information gathered from the outreach calls and emails. The candidate will review and assess which outreach tactics have been most successful and implement a plan to accomplish the sales objectives. The other 50% of the time, the candidate will be required to research and develop new partnership opportunities. This includes organizing meeting with school staff, boards and superintendents across the GTA and South West Ontario. Researching and developing new avenues to promote the productions including online social media marketing, setting up booths in schools, attending and/or organizing events, soliciting flyers in community settings, and attend other speaking opportunities to promote the shows.
• Undergraduate Degree in Business, or Marketing, or Education, or other relevant degree
• Sales Experience – Phone Soliciting (An Asset)
• Marketing and Communication skills
• Experienced public speaker & Oral Communication skills
• Self Starter and an ability to work independently
• Excellent researching skills
• Organizational skills
• Computer Skills : Microsoft Office - specifically proficient in excel, Internet researching, Google and Outlook accounts, and Social Media Marketing.
• Other technical skills - WordPress, Mail Chimp, and Survey Monkey (An asset)
• Entrepreneurial Skills, an ability to seek out and act upon new opportunities
• Understanding of Ontario’s Educational Curriculum (An asset)
Salary: Compensation package currently under review.
Contract Timeline: Early October – Mid December 2015
Deadline: October 1st 2015
Send Resume & Cover letter to:
Posted by: Mixed Company Theatre
For more information: https://www.mixedcompanytheatre.com