Young People’s Theatre (YPT) is currently searching for a candidate to fill the position of Sales Associate, reporting to the Sales Coordinator & Box Office Supervisor.
This is a part-time position starting in late August or early September. Please note, candidates should have mostly weekend availability, as well as some weekdays.
• Provide excellent customer service
• Process telephone, mail, online, and over-the-counter ticket sales and Drama School registration.
• Answer customer inquiries and process registrations relating to YPT’s year-round Drama School programs.
• Provide information on events, performances, policies, and other enquiries from single ticket buyers, subscribers, corporate/community groups, school groups, staff, and artists.
• Perform school group check-ins and collect outstanding payments.
• Maintain accuracy of patron database and assist with data maintenance.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
• Preference will be given to candidates who possess previous system-based ticketing experience (YPT uses Theatre Manager).
• Successful candidates will have a friendly, professional, and courteous telephone manner, excellent customer service skills, and possess the ability to handle high-pressure situations with minimal supervision. They should also be computer literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment.
In accordance with YPT’s policy and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a
satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to: email@example.com
Applications for consideration must be received by 5PM on Tuesday August 6, 2018.
YPT thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: https://www.youngpeoplestheatre.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Sales-Associate-Job-Posting-July-2018.pdf