We are looking for someone to contact existing and potential subscribers and donors through our in-house program. Representatives work on subscription sales and annual fundraising campaigns with existing patrons to increase engagement with Tapestry Opera’s audience base. The position involves making outbound telephone calls with qualified leads, provided by Tapestry Opera. Applicant will be available 12-15 hours per week for evening and weekend calling.
Tapestry Opera has taken its place as the leader in the creation of opera from the heart of here and now. Tapestry Opera has been named one of "ten artists reshaping Canada's artistic landscape" by the CBC. We are proud to be the creative and evolutionary force in Canada’s opera renaissance.
- Must adhere to the hours as required
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be a self-motivated go-getter, who can effectively take direction and who loves working toward individual and team goals
- Excellent communications skills--well spoken and excellent interpersonal skills
- Motivated and passionate about theatre/arts--a love for and knowledge of opera would be amazing, but is not required
- Box office or front of house experience an asset.
- Direct sales experience an asset
- Successful telemarketing experience an asset
How to Apply:
If this sounds like something that you would love, we would like to hear from you!
Please include as one complete pdf file, in this order:
Cover letter (hint, research the company) on why you’d like to work for Tapestry and why you think you’d make and excellent candidate for this role.
We are committed to equity in hiring and specifically encourage people from communities of colour, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous, disabled, and other equity-seeking communities to apply
Interviews will be taking place on Monday, August 26th in the Distillery District; therefore applicants must be available to attend an in-person interview on this date.
If you are invited for an interview, please be prepared to provide three professional references whom we can contact by phone and/or email.
Email email@example.com with your pdf attachment and include Patron Engagement Call Representative Position in the subject line. No phone calls please.