STATUS: Total hours worked will not surpass 35 hours per week; Contract
DATES: June 25 to September 2, 2018 (Tuesday through Sunday)
Canadian Stage, one of Canada’s leading professional non-profit theatres, is searching for a Patron Services Supervisor at Shakespeare in High Park. This position is made possible through funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program. Reporting to the High Park Site Manager, this position is responsible for the overall operation and management of the concession stand for all performances.
• Assists with the initial set up of the High Park Amphitheatre (includes cleaning, organizing, moving equipment onsite)
• Responsible for operations of all aspects of the concession stand at the High Park Amphitheatre;
• Ensures the concession stand is clean and presentable prior to all performances, ensuring product placement and adequate advertising materials are available to patrons;
• Ensures the safety of patrons, volunteers and staff through the implementation and enforcement of safety and emergency procedures;
• Maintains the concession stand is in good working order, including pest control or safety hazards;
• Reports and follows through on any malfunctions, repairs or safety concerns to the High Park Site Manager;
• Communicates effectively with patrons while maintaining a high standard of customer service including escalating customer concerns;
• Maintains and follows training in all concession stand procedures and have all relevant qualifications/certifications up to date;
• Completes daily and weekly concession stock order;
• Ensures all revenue is collected, counted, receipted and deposited, and that floats are prepared for each performance;
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Interest in the performing arts, and/or arts education;
• First Aid and CPR trained is an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to work evenings and weekends;
• Financial management skills;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many disruptions.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to April Moon, Senior Marketing and Communications Manager, at email@example.com by Friday June 8, 2018. Please indicate Application for SiHP Patron Services Supervisor in the subject field.
Posted by: Canadian Stage
For more information: https://www.canadianstage.com