The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the Esther Honens International Piano Competition Foundation.
Collaborating with the Artistic Director, he/she is responsible for creating and realizing the vision of Honens. The President reports directly to and is an ex-officio member of Honens Board of Directors.
For the full position specification, please visit http://www.honens.com/AboutHonens/Careers.aspx
Strategy & Policy
• Develops strategies and policies for consideration by the Board, and implements these strategies and policies as approved by the Board
• Defines and applies key performance indicators with the management team
• Provides guidance and oversight to the Artistic Director who, together with the President, is responsible for devising and articulating a clear artistic vision that demonstrates Honens’ values of excellence, innovation, engagement, and integrity
• Provides guidance and oversight to the Artistic Director, who is responsible for designing and implementing all aspects of a triennial international piano competition, an annual Festival, the signature artist development program for Honens Laureates and ensuring appropriate CD production and online streaming activity
• Establishes fundraising targets and is ultimately responsible for reaching fundraising goals
• Develops and maintains strategic partnerships and relationships with individuals, businesses, non-profit and government sectors in Calgary and beyond.
Financial Management & Operations
• Ensures financial sustainability of Honens while increasing the financial position/capacity of the organization when possible
• Oversees the preparation and presentation of budgets, business plans and financial forecasts following appropriate accounting principles
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of senior leadership experience, with a record of success leading a complex organization with a wide range of stakeholders, in an institution or company known for quality and excellence
• A history of sound fiscal management
• An understanding of classical music, particularly piano music
• A commitment to the development of young musicians
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by email with your cover letter and resume. Send to Searchlight Recruitment Inc.: email@example.com
Honens is an equal-opportunity employer.
Posted by: Honens International Piano Competiion
For more information: http://www.honens.com/