Deadline: 11:59pm on Monday March 30th, 2020
Founded 13 years ago, Why Not has been on a rapid growth trajectory - currently we have a $3 million operating budget, a team of 10 full-time and 3 part-time, and over a dozen projects underway across the country. In the coming years, we will be scaling up our impact at home and around the world including large scale productions, international touring, and innovative projects to remove barriers for artists and audiences. To realize these big dreams, we are looking for an energetic and savvy full-time Producer to join our crew, reporting to the Executive Producer and the core leadership team of Why Not Theatre.
You are someone who:
- is sharp and a quick learner;
- has a passion for theatre and performing arts;
- is able to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel;
- is adaptable and able to shift gears frequently;
- is digitally savvy and operates well in a paperless environment with tools like Google Drive, Slack, Asana, etc;
- is well-versed in Canadian Actors’ Equity Association's ITA and CTA agreements;
- likes collaborating and working closely with many kinds of partners - artists, designers, technicians, venues, other producers, audiences, and donors (to name a few);
- has a keen eye for detail and loves budgets, contracts, and planning.
It would also be awesome if you had any of the following:
- experience in technical theatre and production;
- experience working with other unions and associations like IATSE, TMA, ADC, etc;
- experience in marketing, communications, and audience development;
- experience producing and managing tours nationally and internationally;
- a G-class Ontario driver’s license (or equivalent).
How much time will it take?
A permanent full-time position, approximately 40 hours per week, flexible hours between Mon-Fri 10-5pm; specific schedule to be mutually agreed upon. Given the nature of performances, there may be some evenings and weekends, with the flexibility to take time off elsewhere as appropriate. Producers also are often required to travel with tours of projects nationally and internationally, which could be anywhere from weeks to months on the road.
See the full job posting at https://whynot.theatre
To apply submit your materials your resume and cover letter HERE by 11:59pm on Mon Mar 30th, 2020
Posted by: Why Not Theatre
For more information: https://whynot.theatre/