Role and Responsibilities
Theatre Gargantua is seeking an emerging arts manager for a 4-month contract.
The candidate will work closely with the company’s producer and receive on-the-job training & mentorship to gain skills and experience that are highly valued in this field.
The Producing Assistant will assist with all areas of producing for the upcoming production of Avaricious at TPM, specifically:
• Assisting the Producer across all areas of producing
• Research potential new funding partners - foundations & corporations.
• Assist with preparation and distribution of communication materials.
• Assist with education outreach and school group bookings
• Maintain the company website and database
• Assisting with marketing and press relations
• Assist with special event planning
• Assist with managing volunteers
• Assist with operation of the production office
• Other administration tasks as required
This position is ideal for a candidate with knowledge of Toronto’s theatre ecology and who wants to pursue a career in arts management. It is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience in the development and production of new theatre, as well as office operations, connecting with the community, and fundraising. The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to plan strategically, think critically and show initiative. The ability to work independently and in a small team is necessary.
• Knowledge of the theatre industry and interest in contemporary performance.
• Strong, clear communication skills.
• Public relations experience an asset
• Computer literacy: familiar with Mac computers, Word, Excel, social media; experience with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Sweet is highly desirable.
* This position is made possible through a youth employment grant – the successful applicant meet the program’s eligibility criteria which include:
• Be between 15 and 29 years of age, currently unemployed or underemployed, and not attending school full-time.
• Special consideration is given to youth who have faced ‘barriers to employment’
Terms of employment are TBC based on funding success but we anticipate but at minimum will be 30hr/week for 4 months and meet minimum wage.
To Apply please send a cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sept 11th. Interviews will be held the week of Sept 14th
Posted by: Theatre Gargantua
For more information: http://www.theatregargantua.ca