Theatre Gargantua is seeking a committed and talented individual for a paid summer internship position.
Working in tandem with the Producer, the intern will receive on-the-job mentoring and experience in producing independent theatre and managing an independent theatre company. The Producing Assistant will assist with producing and work with an emphasis this summer on fundraising and preparations for the release of a record book for our 25th season; specific duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Producer across all areas of producing
- Assist the Producer in frundraising and event coordination
- Research potential new funding partners – foundations, corporate, and private supporters
- Assist with industry outreach for upcoming productions
- Assist with maintaining company database
- Ensuring contract riders are provided for artists
- Assist with Special Event planning
- Assist with preparation of education support material
- Assist with managing volunteers
- Assist with operation of the production office
- Other administration as required
This position is ideal for a candidate in a Theatre, Arts Administration, Business Management, or Liberal Arts program and is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience in the development and producing of new theatre, and well as office operations, connecting with the community and building an even better connection with local businesses and residence. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Critical thinking, organization and strategic planning skills
- Works well independently and in a small office setting.
- Interest and knowledge of the performing arts
This is a full-time contract which will take place for 8 weeks between June and August, pay: $11.40/hr
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Yolanda Ferrato at email@example.com by Monday May 30th, subject heading: Summer Internship.
Posted by: Theatre Gargantua
For more information: http://theatregargantua.ca/producing-internships/