Deadline: Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 11:59 pm
Job Title: Producing Intern
Company: Theatre of the Beat
Location: Toronto, ON and Remote
Hours: 20 hrs/week, flexible schedule
Length of Contract: 20 weeks
Application Deadline: Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 11:59 pm
Anticipated Start Date: June 1, 2021
Please note: this job is available for people 30 years old and under as part of Canada's Summer Jobs.
Reporting to TOTB’s Artistic Producer, the Producing Intern will assist with the following tasks:
- Initiate and maintain professional communication with clients (in writing via email, over the phone, and in person) such as self-employed contractors (artists, technical personnel, graphic designers, etc), venue hosts (churches, schools, community centres, theatre venues, etc), producing partners, sponsors, and donors
- Communicate with clients by helping the Artistic Producer negotiate to sell productions, book digital and in person tours, and manage the tours
- Negotiate and manage show bookings and necessary equipment or rehearsal/theatre space rentals
- Prepare contracts for self-employed contractors, tours, and other needs
- Catalog inventory (merchandise; props, set and costumes; lighting, audio and visual equipment, etc)
- Maintain and assist with organization of files, documents and financial reports (physical and digital)
- Prepare, monitor, and revise the operating budget with assistance from the Treasurer and Artistic Producer
- Prepare and collect on incoming and outgoing invoices
- Work in a small team to plan, schedule and execute events related to the company’s 10th anniversary season
- Alongside Communications Manager, assists with launching of podcasts and video media, editing and shaping content
- Assisting with social media content creation and management of social channels
- Updating and maintaining the website
- Creating monthly newsletters
- Strategic planning for upcoming events and initiatives
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
- Fulfill all responsibilities with an ethic of care, respect, and generosity
Interviews will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19.
Work will take place remotely and at Theatre of the Beat’s Toronto office.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PRODUCING INTERN - [Name of Applicant] by Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
To read more about the work we do and the job description in full, please go to our website at http://theatreofthebeat.ca/
Posted by: Theatre of the Beat
For more information: http://theatreofthebeat.ca/