Deadline: April 7, 2021
Reporting to the Production Stage Manager for one of the two outdoor venues, you are responsible for assisting with the day-to-day tasks of the Stage Management department. The position is part of the Production team.
- Organizational and administrative support to the Stage Management offices and PSM
- Copy and distribute production memos and post notices regarding company information
- Create, type, and maintain chart work
- Type and distribute daily and weekly schedules
- Answer phones, take messages, and direct calls
- Distribute scheduling information to actors, coaches, cutters, and designers
- Order office supplies
- Maintain clean working space
- Assist in ensuring individuals are present for rehearsal calls, classes, and fittings
- Adhere to the Stratford Festival Health & Safety Commitment and Procedures, and ensure that safe work practices and policies are supported and enforced within the reporting structure
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Training or experience working in theatre production
- Stage Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Preference will be given to candidates with a desire for a career as an Equity Stage Manager.
These seasonal contract positions are located in Stratford, Ontario. We are working on finalizing the schedule for the season and it is subject to change as public health information and restrictions evolve. Contract start dates are estimated to begin in early May and finish around mid to late August. Candidates are required to fulfill the entire contract dates for which they are contracted.
Job Type: Seasonal Contract
Fee Range: $840/weekly
The Festival is working diligently toward a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. We welcome applicants of every identity, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Deaf, disabled and 2SLGBTQ+ folks. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and beyond. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
If you have the qualifications to fill this role and feel you could make a meaningful contribution to the Stratford Festival, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter in a single PDF by April 7, 2021 to:
Subject: Production Assistant – Stage Management