Reporting to the Director of Production and his designate(s), the Production Manager, is responsible, as assigned, for the production and technical elements of the Civic Theatre Toronto’s (CTT) activities throughout its facilities including those taking place on the stages, in the lobbies and exterior spaces
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Schedules and supervises House Crew and IATSE Locals 58 & 822 members sent to work at the any of the CTT venues.
2. Monitors daily the production activities and work schedules of the venues, including for load-ins, performances, corporate events, load outs, and other production activities.
3. Prepares cost effective and thoughtful performance and event estimates for Programming and Corporate Sales for all performances and events at the CTT venues in a timely manner.
4. Monitors individual show and/or event budgets and ensures that Programming and Corporate Sales departments are appraised as early as possible of unexpected significant cost overages (over runs).
5. Fully utilizes the CTT’s event management software to provide CTT with performance, event, maintenance and other information where it is necessary and/or helpful to all work flow and to use it for internal organization purposes such as to provide House Crew members with an overview of future work calls.
6. Maintains communication with the Booking Manager, attends Programming and Corporate Sales meetings and Operations meetings. Meets with CTT’s prospective and existing clients.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in theatre and production management with extensive budgeting experience with financial accountability, in a rental and/or presenting venue with experience in a wide range of theatrical activities i.e. dance, concerts, musicals, headliners, world music, corporate events etc.
• Experience in a unionized environment
• Strong organizational, planning and leadership skills to coordinate conflicting deadlines and interruptions
• Interpersonal, team building, and collaborative skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Practical knowledge of employment, labour and occupational health and safety laws
• Proficiency in word, excel, and the technical drawing software most used in a theatre environment
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to email@example.com. Please include “Production Manager” in the subject line.
Posted by: Civic Theatres Toronto