Deadline is April 15, 2019 at 5pm
Tarragon Theatre seeks a Production Manager to join its core staff. The position requires a self-motivated, organized individual with leadership skills and the ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and creative work environment.
• Supervision of all production staff.
• Management of production budgets.
• Hiring of casual crew in consultation with the Technical Director.
• Creation and management of all production schedules.
• Contracting designers and stage management.
• Supervision of technical rehearsals and work calls in cooperation with the Technical Director.
• Supervision and arrangement of logistics for Tarragon productions, special events, tours and co-productions.
• Ongoing enforcement of health and safety regulations, including Fire Safety Plan, fire code and building code requirements.
• Facility Management, including oversight of building maintenance budgets.
• Scheduling and supervision of all outside contractors required for the maintenance of the theatre’s physical plant in consultation with Facilities Manager.
• A university or college degree in theatre production or equivalent training.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a production manager in a theatrical setting.
• Proven experience producing accurate show costing and managing budgets in a theatrical environment.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings in AutoCAD.
• An understanding of current production practices within theatre including sound, lighting, projection and set construction.
• Knowledge and understanding of CTA and PACT/ADC agreements.
• Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), WHMIS and Employment Standards Act (ESA).
• Experience supervising staff.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint + experience with database management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a commitment to collaboration.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with references in a single pdf by email to Andrea Vagianos, Managing Director, email@example.com. The application deadline is April 15 at 5pm.
Tarragon Theatre values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please do not hesitate to make a request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: Tarragon Theatre
For more information: http://www.tarragontheatre.com/