Reporting to the GM, the role of the Production Manager is to supervise and coordinate all technical and production aspects of overall activities in the theatres (Backspace and Mainspace) and the shop.
The Production Manager also acts as the Facilities Manager to oversee the building’s maintenance, security and upkeep.
Specific responsibilities include:
TPM Productions and Co-productions
● Budgeting, Costing, Scheduling, building, crew, install, run and closing TPM productions and events.
● Working with In-Association teams to schedule, crew, install, and close productions.
● Work with production, design and artistic personnel along with the producer and GM to budget, plan, advance & travel TPM touring productions either in person or remotely.
Crew and staff management
● Ensure that all production personnel are well trained, versed in and compliant with current safety practices and legislation and that safe scheduling is followed.
Rentals (theatre, shop, gear)
Overseeing and coordinating rentals of the facilities
● Work with Producer to authorize, clarify, and estimate costs crew and other expenses for rentals ensuring safe client, patron, and building safety.
Overseeing building maintenance and security / Supervising upkeep of the physical plant
● Arrange for and implement emergency, short term, and long term building, building system or building envelope repairs and maintenance.
● Repair, maintain, and update theatrical infrastructure.
● Extensive background in all aspects of technical theatre;
● Proven management experience and skills;
● Experience with budgeting and budget management
● Working knowledge of theatre and union regulations, including Health & Safety policies;
● Advanced computer knowledge, including proficiency with all MS Office applications; drafting softwares (Autocad, Vector Works)
● A minimum of three years experience in production management or a combination of experience and post secondary education in a related field is preferred.
● Minimum experience in building management is an asset
● Strong team player and good multitasking skills;
● Capacity to prioritize
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00pm, with some weekend, evening and on call work. Flexibility in scheduling required
Salary: between $42,000 and $46,000
* TPM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages submissions from all cultural backgrounds.
Posted by: Theatre Passe Muraille
For more information: http://passemuraille.ca/