Deadline: May 28, 2021
Start Date: July 15, 2021
Salary: $25-$30 per hour, commensurate with experience
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, working remotely
Role: Part-time position, one year contract with the possibility of renewal
Benefits: Flexibility with schedule, comp tickets, professional development opportunities.
Jaberi Dance Theatre (JDT) is looking for a driven and enthusiastic Project Coordinator to support multiple company initiatives from inception to completion. The successful candidate will work remotely and will play a key role in the planning, organization and successful delivery of three new projects: a live site-specific production, a digital course, and a virtual conversation series; in addition to supporting community workshops and digital capacity building initiatives. This is a great role for a self-starter with a desire to help shape a growing arts company, and contribute to creative projects that have a strong social justice mandate.
The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Artistic Director. The role requires occasional travel for in person meetings and on-site support, and occasional availability on evenings and weekends during production periods. This is a one-year full-time contract with the possibility of renewal.
About the Company:
Jaberi Dance Theatre (JDT) is a Toronto-based non-profit organization that creates contemporary and inter-disciplinary political art, through live performances and digital projects. Led by Artistic Director Roshanak Jaberi, the company’s work is research-informed and intersectional, with a focus on the stories of racialized and marginalized women. JDT works across sectors and across borders, convening artists with activists, scholars, and community leaders in conversation around contemporary global issues.
JDT offers original staged productions, site-specific work, digital creations, performance art installations, master workshops, professional development opportunities, research and creative residencies, commissions for guest choreographers and advocacy initiatives through its artistic platform.
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of JDT’s live productions, digital projects, and community initiatives; contribute to strategy and critical path, set metrics, drive tactics and ensure that all project deliverables are completed on-time and, under-budget
- Identify project risks and develop contingency plans
- Coordinate the contracting and invoicing process for all artists and vendors; maintain a thorough understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Liaise with key project partners, artists and production team
- Schedule meetings and rehearsals
- Assist with outreach and audience development activities
- Respond to general emails, phone calls and other enquiries
- Manage all administrative tasks related to key projects
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education (college or university)
- A minimum of 3 years experience in project management, ideally within the non-profit arts sector
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Apple software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as Dropbox, Google Drive, and project management tools such as Trello
- Must have a passion for the arts and social justice issues
- A driven and motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills with strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and is comfortable navigating periods of growth and transition
- Is flexible and can respond to changing needs with a positive and solution-oriented attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thinks creatively and is eager to learn and try new approaches
- Can work independently and in a collaborative environment
- An understanding of the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion
- Valid G class driver’s license
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com
Please ensure the email subject line reads: Project Coordinator.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Those selected will be contacted within one week of the submission deadline.
No phone calls or emails, please.
Deadline to submit an application is 5pm on Friday May 28, 2021