Please note that the mandate contains a temporary assignment in China. To help applicants fully understand the particularities related to the location of this assignment, they are required to consult the information and guidelines provided by the Government of Canada for China (https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/china) prior to submitting their application. Applicants may equally consult the governmental website of their country of residence. Cirque du Soleil is not responsible for the immigration rules and procedures of foreign states, therefore the applicants are responsible to inform themselves of, and comply with, the standards, laws and regulations of the country of employment throughout the assignment.
Temporary position (16 months)
Under the responsibility of the Technical Director, you will be required to:
· Work closely with the props designer;
· Develop the design and follow up on the manufacturing of certain props projects;
· Act as a resource person for the production, creation and operations teams for all props-related projects (except for costume accessories);
· Prepare, coordinate and follow up on props projects in development or in the process of being manufactured and ensure that they meet the requirements and established standards;
· Research materials and new methods to improve projects or solve technical problems;
· Gather and verify the accuracy of information that will serve to build technical books for the manufacturing and maintenance process;
· Maintain good relations with all areas of the organization and provide good customer service;
· Ensure that timetables are respected for assigned projects, and carry out quality control;
· Take part in evaluating manufacturing costs an monitoring budgets for assigned projects;
· Act as a props person as necessary;
· Occasionally, run errands to help meet urgent requests;
· Attend certain rehearsals to replace the props designer;
· Perform all other related tasks.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· DEC (college-level diploma)in scene technologies or equivalent experience;
· Eight to ten years’ experience in props, including 3 years as a project manager.
· Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken;
· Strong organizational and planning skills;
· People skills, tact and communica
Posted by: Cirque du Soleil
For more information: http://cirk.me/2wEtzf5