Position: Props Designer
Starting Date: Immediately
Second City Theatricals is seeking a Properties Designer for “Twist Your Dickens”- an interactive seasonal satire opening at the Greenwin Theatre (Toronto Centre for The Arts) December 2nd 2016.
Reporting to the Production Manager the props designer would work closely with the other Production Designers and Director to conceive and obtain all properties for the production.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with other designers, director and all production departments in realizing the props.
• Attends all production meetings.
• Construction/purchasing and sourcing of all props within the limitations of schedule and budget.
• Generating pre-production props lists, researching materials and periods.
• Supporting the rehearsal process with rehearsal props, furniture and set facsimiles when necessary/possible
• responsibility for the strike and return of all props, whether rented or built.
The successful candidate will enjoy collaborating with designers, directors, producers, stage management, technical management and actors. The candidate will be a problem solver, creative thinker and will have the ability to work in a team environment. The candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of theatrical building practices and previous experience working in the field. The candidate will have a valid driver’s licence.
Production Manager - Twist Your Dickens
Second City Theatricals
Please use the subject line: “Properties Designer” when submitting your application
Twist Your Dickens:
The Second City’s irreverent and interactive seasonal satire, Twist Your Dickens, arrives at Toronto Centre for the Arts this year with new holiday hilarity and favourite faces. Written by former The Colbert Report writers Peter Gwinn and Bobby Mort, Twist Your Dickens is the story of Scrooge, Tiny Tim and three outrageous ghosts—plus nods to other beloved yuletide specials. An all-star cast, featuring Sean Cullen and Pat McKenna, and Second City’s funniest alumni brings the story to life through parody and improv.
Posted by: Second City Theatricals