Deadline: July 22, 2019
Full time, permanent September 2019
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, the Research and Impact Manager manages all research projects for TAC and the Foundation and is responsible for overseeing evaluation of TAC grants programs and Toronto Arts Foundation initiatives. The Manager will provide expertise, guidance and standards for planning, measurement and evaluation activities; and initiate research projects th
Specific responsibilities include
- Work with the senior management team to refine and implement the research and evaluation plan for both Toronto Arts Council and Toronto Arts Foundation
- Work with senior management team to prioritize research projects and align program evaluation to inform decision making and program development.
- Work with Deputy Director to manage any RFPs designed for research or evaluation of Toronto Arts Council or Foundation programs.
- Work with the Director of Granting to ensure evaluation methodologies are integrated into the work of grants staff and to develop and execute plans and timelines for program evaluation of all grant programs.
- Create program reports using information gathered from Grant Program Managers, focus groups, interviews with stakeholders, and data analysis.
- Liaise and cooperate with major partners, stakeholders and artists for the purpose of gathering evaluative information as needed.
- Serve as a representative and spokesperson for Council and Foundation learning and analysis, contributing to the dissemination of information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Supervise seasonal contracts for research assistants and interns.
- Knowledgeable about Toronto's arts communities and the issues facing artists and organizations working in all arts disciplines
- Minimum five years' experience working in research and/or evaluation
- Persuasive writing skills and a strong understanding of effective advocacy tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and consultative skills
- Sound judgment, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and organizational skills
The Research and Impact Manager understands the relationship between Toronto Arts Council and Toronto Arts Foundation and is able to communicate information on the respective roles of both organizations to the community.
- $62,000 - $65,000
Please submit cover letter and resume to Deputy Director Susan Wright,email@example.com, in a single pdf attachment, by July 22, 2019.
Toronto Arts Council/Toronto Arts Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment. We welcome applications from individuals who identify as belonging to our equity priority groups: Persons of Colour, Deaf Persons, Persons with Disabilities, Persons Living with Mental Illness, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIAP. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.