Deadline: Sunday, January 3rd, 2021
In the Spring of 2021, Shakespeare in Action will be re-launching its PAN (Professional Artists Network) program online and is looking for an artist-educator to help us re-envision this program.
Shakespeare in Action, with the support of the Burlington Foundation, is looking to hire one artist-educator to do the following.
- Convert our PAN program into one that can be delivered online direct-to-classrooms in the month of February.
- Deliver the PAN program online to 12 classrooms based in Burlington during the month of March.
- Present a refined version of the PAN program to SIA (in the final week) to be taken forward into future iterations of the PAN.
There is also the potential of needing to:
- Train other Actor-Educators to deliver a similar program to Toronto schools in the Spring as well.
Dates: Feb 1st – Apr 2nd, Monday to Friday (9 Weeks)
Hours: Flexible for the month of February and less flexible for second half of the contract. A maximum of 32.5 hours a week in February. Approximately 13 hours a week for the last 5 weeks of the contract, includes teaching the PAN (9 hours/week), training other artists (2 hours/week) and creating a final report/presentation (2 hours/week). Must be available during the school day for this portion of the contract.
The successful candidate will:
- Be familiar with Zoom, and be comfortable teaching online.
- Have a passion for education and particularly in navigating the online space.
- Be able to commit to the full term of employment.
- Have some experience teaching Shakespeare to young people ages 10-18.
How to Apply:
Please review the PAN (https://www.shakespeareinaction.org/pan/) before applying. Applicants will be required to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Sunday, January 3rd, 2021. Please title your email “Resident Actor-Educator”.
Posted by: Shakespeare in Action
For more information: https://www.shakespeareinaction.org/pan/