Apply by January 11th at 5PM
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Rhubarb Festival, produced by Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, is Canada's longest running festival devoted to new work and experimentation in performance. This festival includes theatre, dance, performance art, music and hybrid forms. Over the course of its history, the Rhubarb Festival has had an immeasurable impact on the local and Canadian cultural landscape by acting as a seeding ground for new work, providing a critic-free environment for experimentation, and introducing audiences to generations of artists working at the vanguard of performance.
The Rhubarb Festival Director manages all aspects of the planning and implementation of the Rhubarb Festival. The Director manages partnerships with other companies and arts institutions, facilitates and maintains relationships with the artists in the festival, offers support to the works that are programmed, and manages the budgets and administration of the Festival. The Director reports to Buddies’ Artistic Associate Mel Hague and Artistic Director Evalyn Parry and works in collaboration with our box office, production, communications, and fundraising teams to deliver festival programming.
• Experience in dramaturgy and the development of new work
• Experience in producing and/or curating performance events
• Knowledgeable of issues relating to the queer community
• Knowledgeable of contemporary performance and theatre practice
• Ability to effectively manage a budget
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent management and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal, written presentation and listening communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong team building skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to manage stress
• Sense of humour
Buddies in Bad Times encourages applications from all individuals. We are an equity-seeking employer and encourage submissions from candidates who identify as Indigenous, QTBIPOC, 2-Spirit, and Trans, and applicants with diverse abilities. If you need support or access accommodations while preparing your application, please feel free to get in touch prior to the deadline and we will be happy to assist you.
Interested candidates can please send a cover letter and CV to by email to email@example.com by January 11th at 5PM.
We thank all candidates for their submissions; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
For more information: http://buddiesinbadtimes.com